1. I am wondering which Nasal Light Therapy unit to buy. Over the last 20 year, I have had four nasal polyp surgeries. Also in this time frame the constant use of nose drops and steroids (prednisone). Of course, this is temporary for relief and I am always researching options to get rid of this condition. Your recommendation would be appreciated for what unit to buy. Thanks!
A: I am perfectly happy with my 655 unit and I expect that it should work well for you.
• In acute situations = start with 2×3 daily
• As soon as results appear = change to 2×2 daily
• When you think you are well = decrease to 1×2 for 6 days
• When you wonder why you are still taking it = finish with 1×1 for 6 days
Please do not believe that you can get the same effect by taking separate zinc, vitamin A and C. As my granddaddy used to say, "It ain't gonna
2. When you clip the unit to your nose…would you alternate to each nostril when it comes to the sinuses and nasal polyps?
A: That is exactly how I use it. It automatically times out and then I move it for another session in the alternate nostril.
3. I read you have to wait 6 hours in between use and no more than twice a day. So one side then wait 6 hours and do the other side?
A: I do both nostrils then wait 6 hours.
4. What is the difference between your models and the Bionase unit?
A: Bionase is targeted for allergic rhinitis. The parameters are different and so is the quality. We do know that many customers have switched from Bionase to our devices. One reason is the unacceptable lifespan which seems to be only 6 months for many users. I believe that it is an Israeli company that has outsourced the design and manufacturing to China. Our three models are designed for the range of general wellness symptoms to brain disorders. My opinion is that the Model 655 is the one unit that will serve most everyone's needs. There is always a reason why one thing is much cheaper than another and it usually has to do with quality.
Our Vielight has the patents on light delivered through the nasal cavity. Our unit has a calibrated amount of light being delivered and is adjusted as the battery depletes where the Bionase unit is more of a toy not computer controlled. They sell their device for allergies. Vielight is for returning the body to homeostasis. And we have studies to back up our statements. Our unit is sold by doctors around the world. Another little-known difference is that our Vielight has a lens that has a 54 degree angle to put the light on the pineal and pituitary glands. We have no competitors in the non-red nasal far-infrared light (810 unit) which specializes in neurological challenges. We are working together with Harvard on additional units as Harvard is the ONLY university that has a Dept. of Photo Medicine.
5. Where are the units manufactured?
A: The assembly and final quality control is either done in US or Canada. Many of the components are made in Malaysia, supervised by our own location
6. Can two people use one unit?
7. Would this work for a brain tumor? I was wondering if you have a page that describes the difference in the 3 machines.
A: For that I would use the 810 Infrared unit. Ingredients/differences for each product is displayed on the product web page:
https://longevity-formulas.com > Select the product from PRODUCTS drop-down menu.
8. What is the battery?
A: One AA battery is required. Do not use rechargeable batteries because it may affect the internal computer. The unit indicates when the battery needs to be replaced. Estimated life is 2-3 months with daily use.
9. 1. Is the 655 Prime the one that has a lens that has a 54 degree angle to put the light on the pineal and pituitary glands?
A: Both the 633 and 655. The 810 doesn't apply because it emits far-infrared light which is invisible.
10. Do the units ship quickly?
A: They ship within 24 business hours of order.
11. The laser light therapy is most interesting however I do not see anything about if it will cure my balance problems,I do not walk properly,ataxia,foot drop, I am now unable to play golf at all and I used to be very very good, other peoples words not mine I would appreciate your comments re. the above.
A: I would use the 810 unit for this situation and give it 6 months of daily use. You should start noticing some improvement in 30-days. https://longevity-formulas.com
I would also do the BIA® — a soil analysis applied to the human body using urine/saliva. Not a medical test but it should be. I have been working with this test for almost 40 years and have just as much confidence in it as I did then. Amazing test because it tells you exactly what you need to be doing to correct imbalances. More BIA® info at: http://bia.biri.org
12. What are the main differences between the units?
A: The 633 is non-laser and the 655 is laser. Both are designed for the "American Big 3" — high blood pressure, diabetes, high lipids or cholesterol. The 810 is infrared — invisible light — and is designed to work more on neurological challenges. It is not unusual for people to own an 810 in addition to one of the others, especially as they experience the positive benefits of using the 633 or 655 and if they have brain or neurological symptoms. I use the 655 because there is more research behind using laser light. The only concern is that you don't want to stare at the laser light for an extended period of time.
13. Regarding the nasal therapy device, what is the maximum amount of time to use it per day?
A: There is no maximum number of times but you should wait 6 hours between sessions. I use mine once or twice daily in each nostril. The unit is automatically timed and beeps when the light turns off.
14. Is there a way to clean the device so two people can safely use it?
A: You can use whatever sanitizing method you wish, short of immersing the probe in liquid, to clean the probe between users. We do not recommend anti-bacterial solutions. They are a hazard to your health that few people are telling you about. Additional nasal applicators are recommended and are available.
15. My husband has suffered with post herpetic neuralgia a result of shingles he had 2 1/2 years ago. Which of the three nasal devices would you recommend for this condition? Look forward to hearing from you. His pain is under his right breast and extends for about 7 inches and the area is extremely sensitive to touch.
A: I would use the 810 unit for this situation and give it 3 months of daily use. You should start noticing some improvement in a week or so: (https://longevity-formulas.com) If you want to do the maximum, I would use the 655 in the morning, both nostrils, then use the 810 in the evening, both nostrils.
I would also do the BIA® — a soil analysis applied to the human body using urine/saliva. Not a medical test but it should be. I have been working with this test for almost 40 years and have just as much confidence in it as I did then. Amazing test because it tells you exactly what you need to be doing to correct imbalances resulting in symptoms. (More info at: http://bia.biri.org) There is also a BIRI forum: http://forum.biri.org
I would also use DermaTox® spray during the day and DermaTox® Ointment overnight. This stuff is incredible for nerve or shingles pain and will work with the 655 or 810 to restore proper nerve function. http://www.myhealthyhabits.com > SHOP > CLICK FOR PRODUCT LIST
16. If it thins your blood, does that mean you will bruise easily like when a person takes 81 mg of aspirin?
A: No. It doesn't abnormally thin your blood. Most people have thick blood, too high lipids. NLT helps creates a normal blood environment — reducing the stickiness of platelets.
17. After ordering the 810, I noticed that you recommend the 655 Prime unit which is a laser unit. Will I see the same results from the 810 Infrared unit? I bought this one as my husband is having memory problems but I also wanted to use it for general well being. I hope I made the right decision.
A: The 810 is best for brain and neurological symptoms so you made the right choice for that. The 655 is better for general wellness and focusing on the Big 3 — diabetes, high blood lipids, high blood pressure. I use the 655. I would also use an 810 daily but I already have a $3000 infrared massage table that works great in the infrared category. The best thing is to have both, especially when dealing with brain or neurological issues. You will get some general wellness benefits from the 810, but not as great as the 655. We mainly say that because there is more general wellness research on the 655.
18. If it thins your blood, does that mean you will bruise easily like when a person takes 81mg of aspirin? I don't bruise easily or take aspirin.
A: It doesn't abnormally thin your blood. Most people have thick blood, too high lipids. NLT helps creates a normal blood environment — reducing the stickiness of platelets.
19. Does this infrared light, over time, cause skin cancers at all? Should this device only be clipped to the nose or can it be directed to say a foot or scalp or hand?
A: There is no evidence in any of the research that skin cancer is a concern. This device is especially engineered for intranasal use. The 610 and 655 are aiming at treating the blood. The 810 is aiming at treating the blood, brain and CNS.
Be sure to read all of the NLT FAQ on the Forum:
20. Will the 655 unit dissolve my nasal polyp?
A: Due to bureaucrap regulations, we cannot advise on this matter. We can only tell you that we have read about users who have commented that their nasal polyps were cured by using intranasal light therapy. Whether or not you can add yourself to that group remains to be seen. I can tell you that if I had that problem, I would be using the 655 unit. I would also be spraying DermaTox® by Healthy Habits® up my nose as often as possible and I would be using a neti-pot filled with DermaTox®. I would also be taking Zinc A & C. I would not expect separate Zinc, Vitamin A, Vitamin C to be effective.
21. Can I use the 810 during P-Stim treatments for my trigeminal neuralgia or do I need to discontinue it during that time?
A: You should be able to use the 810 continually.
22. Do the NLT units help with allergies?
A: We cannot comment specifically due to bureaucrap regulations, however, we can tell you that we have seen comments by users who report dramatic allergy improvement. Whether or not that will happen for any other user is an unknown. I would use either the 610 or the 655 if I had allergies. I would also be using Zinc A & C by http://www.MyHealthyHabits.com as this formula is absolutely amazing when it comes to upper respiratory, sinus and bronchial issues.
23. What is the warranty:
A: Warranty: 1 year main computer unit. 90-days applicator and cord. 90-Day No-Hassle Satisfaction from Longevity Formulas. The applicator value is not eligible for refund due to personal hygiene issues.
Upgrade: Full credit for your purchase upon return, less the applicator value, if you decide to upgrade later to a higher model.
24. What is the difference between the LED and the Low-Level Laser unit?
A: The LED is the 633 unit. The 633 refers to the frequency of the light. The Low-Level Laser unit is the 655. It is a laser light, not an LED light. Again, the 655 refers to the frequency of the light. The 655 is the frequency that has the most research behind it.
25. I have the 655 unit can I just buy the Nasal Light Applicator 810 and use with the 655 unit I have?
A: No. Both the computer module and the nasal applicator are designed to work together as one unit.
26. I ordered my NLT unit yesterday and it is arriving by overnite service today. I do have a question–how do you clean the part that goes in the nose? Was wondering how to keep it sanitary to use for clients?
A: The nasal applicator isn't designed to be shared by more than one user but that doesn't mean you cannot. You should be able to use your disinfectant of choice if you have multiple users. The one thing I would not do is immerse it in any solution.
27. I have now received the 655. Now that I have both the 655 and the 810, I would like to know if it is necessary to wait 6 hrs. between the use of these two.
A: Because you are dealing with a different frequency, no delay is necessary.
28. You've suggested to use the 655 in both nostrils in the morning and the 810 in both nostrils in the evening for my son with autism. That's 50 mins in the morning and 50 mins in the evening! It may be difficult to do with all of his other therapies etc. Can we put use two separate devices and use them together, in both nostrils, at the same time for both 655 and 810? Thanks.
A: Better to use just one nostril for each, alternating the nostril each day. Today — left nostril 655 and right nostril 810. Tomorrow — left nostril 810 and right nostril 655. Because you are dealing with different frequencies, you do not need to wait 6 hours between treatments if that is inconvenient for you.
29. Can I use two different units at the same time?
A: I would not do that because it is two different frequencies. Don't confuse the cells. Use them separately if you are using more than one unit.
30. Am wondering if the nasal laser has an application to use for say an ankle without having to use it via the nose?
A: This is a nasal application. It is not designed for use anywhere else. The light applicator is specifically designed with the correct angle to shine the light into the nasal cavity where the capillaries are plentiful to absorb the light frequency which affects all cells by the time the treatment is finished.
31. Can you use Nasal Light Therapy with a pace maker?
32. You recommend using the 655 over the 633 for most applications. I cannot afford the 655. My funds are limited at this time. Will I see results for the 633? I have sinus problems and asthma.
A: The results from the 633 are likely to be very similar to the 655. The main reason why I recommend the 655 is because I have it and it is the one that has the most research behind it to show that it gets positive results. Keep in mind that the 633 was the first unit developed and the success of it led to the development of the 655 and later the 810. The company was built on the success of the 633 so if that is your limit, I say go for it. Keep us in the loop.
33. I ordered and have received the 633 unit because I didn't have the funds for any other one. I have used it a few times already and can't wait for it to help with my asthma. I also think I have bronchitis at the moment. will it help with this problem? Also will it help with an enlarged prostate problem?
A: We cannot make claims regarding specific results. Give it time and you should be very pleased with the results. If you feel like your progress is taking longer than it should, please consider doing the BIA®: http://bia.biri.org
34. In one of your answers you said that you "would use the 655 in the morning, both nostrils, then use the 810 in the evening, both nostrils." What are you saying, in the morning [and evening], one nostril 25 minutes then the other nostril for 25 minutes or one nostril 12.5 minutes then the other nostril for 12.5 minutes for the total 25 minutes?
A: A session in one nostril and another session in the other nostril. If not enough time in the morning, then split up the sessions, morning and evening.
35. On your website under Sources, on page 8 of Nasal Light Brain Stimulation it states: Laser model: 655mW, CW 4.8 mW, 25 min 7.2 J/cm². Shouldn't 655mW actually be 655nM?
A: Yes, thanks for the tip.